Hotel Zitzelsberger is situated in a gorgeous location on the outskirts of town in Germany, nestled between meadows and forests – ideal for escaping everyday stress. It’s a place where guests can fully relax and harmonise their mind, body and soul.
The garden also includes a BBQ area and campfire facility, while younger guests will enjoy the large wooden play house.
Turn wood chips into money
Christian Zitzelsberger owns a Biomass CHP with 45 kW of electrical output and 110 kW of thermal output. All the heat is used to dry wood chips, which are ultimately also resold, thus forming a second stream of income.
Key data on the energy concept:
- System: Spanner HKA 45 Biomass CHP
- Output: 45 kWel and 108 kWth
- Start-up: November 2012
- Annual operating hours: approx. 8,000 hrs per system
- Electricity usage: Fully fed into the public grid
- Heat usage: 100% in-house consumption: Heating, hot water, wood chip drying
Gallery: (Click to enlarge)