Convert biomass into clean energy with biomass power plant
The biomass power plant from Spanner Re² generates electricity and heat according to the principle of combined heat and power (CHP). The biomass power plant consists of a wood gasifier and the combined heat and power unit (CHP). The generated power will either be consumed by the owner or sold into the grid. The heat generated during the process can be used for the heating of buildings, for drying grain and biomass or in district heating systems. Re² biomass power plants only use biomass for power generation and convert locally-sourced biomass or organic wastes into clean, efficient energy.
1. Feed of fuel at biomass power plant
The conveying screw from Spanner Re² automatically transports the fuel (biomass) from the fuel bunker to the biomass power plant. An integrated metal interceptor in the fuel sewer port separates foreign material. A second conveyor screw transports the biomass to the reformer of the wood gasifier unit.
2. Reformer in wood gasifier for clean wood gas
The reformer is the heart of the biomass power plant. It produces almost tar-less wood gas from biomass in a controlled process, which works on the downdraft principle: the wood chips and the wood gas moves in the same direction. The innovative structure of the reformer offers high fuel flexibility. Using a compact fire bed with temperature monitoring, we guarantuee a regulated wood gas production that ensures the efficiency of our biomass power plant. With our patented and proven biomass gasification technology we produce an extremely clean wood gas, which we can prove.
3. Wood gas filter at wood gasifier unit
The produced wood gas is cooled by the heat exchanger and passes through a wood gas filter with integrated self-cleaning at the gasifier unit. Spanner Re² biomass power plants have a second wood gas filter (emergency filter) for optimal plant secure. The cooled wood gas passes through two filter systems, before it drives a powerful engine, which produces the electricity and heat.
4. Efficient wood gas CHP
The solid gas engine burns the wood gas and converts the energy of the wood gas into kinetic energy. A powerful natural gas generator transforms the rotation into electricity. In addition the wood gas CHP produces heat, which makes the whole process highly efficient.
Over 20,000,000 operating hours worldwide
Biomass power plants from Re² are built on the experience gained from over 20,000,000 operating hours. Our biomass gasification units have proved themselves all over the world and show that sustainability and economy can be achieved simultaneously. Our vast experience and technology development as a pioneer in this field make Re² the leading manufacturer of biomass power plants. Our company was established in 2004 as a business unit called „Renewable Energies“ of the Spanner Group. With over 80 qualified and dedicated employees in Neufahrn in Germany, we constantly progress the optimization of our pioneering biomass gasification technology and always strive towards our main goal: To make Renewable Energies competitive!
Power production by biomass gasification up to 2 MWel
Due to the modular system design, a power range from 9 kWel to 2 MWel can be achieved by biomass power plant. See our page on cascading or repowering. Of course, we also manufacture the appropriate conveyor technology for our biomass power plants, as well as efficient fuel-drying systems for wood chips.
By default, we offer five engine power classes of our biomass power plants.
For more power just compound them:
|Overview biomass power plants||HKA 10||HKA 35||HKA 45||HKA 49||HKA 70|
|Electric power||9 kWel||25 kWel||45 kWel||49 kWel||68 kWel|
|Thermal power||22 kWth||79,5 kWth||102,2 kWth||111,3 kWth||123 kWth|
|Fuel||Size: G30 bis G40 |
Water content: < 13 %
Fine parts max. (< 4 mm) 30%
|Fuel consumption*||0,9 kg/kWhel||0,9 kg/kWhel||0,9 kg/kWhel||0,9 kg/kWhel||0,85 kg/kWhel|
|Dimensions||2,10 m x 1,40 m x 2,20 m||wood gasifier: 5,27 m x 1,54 m x 2,30 m |
CHP: 2,60 m x 0,92 m x 2,19 m
|wood gasifier: 5,27 m x 1,54 m x 2,30 m |
CHP: 2,70 m x 0,78 m x 2,10 m
|Flow temperature||85° C||85° C|
|Return temperature||60° C||65° C|
*Depending on the quality of the wood chips. Technical data: 03/2018. We reserve the right to make technical changes.
Using wood chips for clean energy production
Wood fuels, with which our customers reach over 8,000 operating hours per year with our patented biomass gasification technology (see picture).
Get more information on fuel for biomass power plants from Spanner Re².
Get in touch with us
Do you have any questions or would you like to see a biomass power plant which produce energy from wood chips in practice? Then fill out the contact form below and we will get back to you straight away.
Gallery | wood gasifier:
- biomass power plant flange biomass power plant flange
- biomass gasification flap biomass gasification flap
- wood gasifier filter entrance wood gasifier filter entrance
- motor reformer level sensor motor reformer level sensor
- pressure sensor gas filter pressure sensor gas filter
- protection grid protection grid
- reformer level sensor reformer level sensor
- biomass gasification residue-flap biomass gasification residue-flap
- wood gas filter wood gas filter
- flange from wood gasifier flange from wood gasifier
- entrance woodchip portioning entrance woodchip portioning
Gallery | wood gas CHP:
- CHP - 8 liter V8 motor Origin and generator CHP - 8 liter V8 motor Origin and generator
- biomass gasification motor ignition biomass gasification motor ignition
- biomass power plant generator biomass power plant generator
- coupling between motor and generator coupling between motor and generator
- heat exchanger unit heat exchanger unit
- motor biomass power plant motor biomass power plant
- heat exchange for the motor heat exchange for the motor
- ventilation for biomass power plant motor ventilation for biomass power plant motor