"We rely on the duo Spanner Re² and HDG for our wellness hotel. Since then we have not only been self-sufficient and independent of oil and gas speculation, but also, as the saying goes, sustainable," says Herbert Stemp, Managing Director of Landhotel Stemp.
The unmistakable hospitality on offer at the "Landhotel Stemp" has a long tradition. The team led by Christine and Herbert Stemp, and their children Katharina, Corinna and Maria, welcomes visitors based on the motto of “Only the best for our guests!”. At this property, guests can enjoy BBQ evenings, and bring Bavarian pub culture to life eating suckling pig and hearty Brotzeit snacks. It is also perfectly equipped for groups, providing ideal accommodation for tour groups, club excursions and trail riders.
The carefully designed recreation and wellness facility, with indoor and outdoor pool, sauna, gym, spa and beauty area, is open from the early morning to late in the evening, boasting exquisite, relaxing amenities to help you step out of everyday life and enjoy every minute of your holiday. Choose to spend your days here playing sport or completely relaxing and indulging your mind and body!
Wood gasifier supplies electricity & heat from wood chips for hotel operation
The Landhotel Stemp operates a Spanner wood gasifier with an output of 30 kWel and 73 kWth.
Key data on the energy concept:
- System: Spanner HKA 30 Biomass CHP
- Output: 30 kWel and 73 kWth
- Start-up: July 2014
- Annual operating hours: approx. 8,000 hrs
- System location: Landhotel Stemp, Büchelberg, Bavarian Forest, Germany
- Hotel information: 80 beds, indoor and outdoor pool, sauna facility
- Electricity usage: Fed fully into the public grid, remuneration as per the EEG (German Renewable Energy Sources Act)
- Heat usage: Building heating, pools, saunas, woodchip drying, linen drying
Gallery: (Click to enlarge)